The courage demonstrated by Donor Families as they honor their loved one’s wish to donate is a true inspiration to those of us who work with families after the loss of a loved one.
We understand that it can be difficult to get through any given day or any moment when grieving the loss of a loved one. You may feel the desire to talk to someone who can offer support. The Mid-America Transplant Services’ Aftercare Program is available for you throughout your grief journey.
The Aftercare Program serves as a source for information, provides tools for your grief journey, and offers specific services designed to meet your family’s needs by:
- Answering questions you have regarding the donation process or recipient information
- Talking about the specific beareavement support needs of your family and connecting you with resources within your community to best meet those needs
- Connecting you with other Donor Families through the MTS Donor Family Facebook Group.
- Hosting informational workshops about donation and practical ideas about how to get through difficult anniversaries and holidays
- Sharing bereavement resources such as books, pamphlets, and articles, to help you understand your grief
- Connecting you with other Donor Families who have experienced a similar loss through the MTS Grief Companion Program. This unique relationship can help fulfill a vital need for support and encouragement from someone who has walked the journey of grief themselves
- Providing referrals to community and faith based support groups and counseling services.
In addition to responding to your questions and specific needs, MTS will continue to communicate with you through:
- Scheduled mailings during the first year following donation
- Solace, a newsletter published three times each year and filled with articles to assist you through the grieving process
- Invitations to memorial events and educational programs. Click here to visit the Donor Family Events section.
You can reach the MTS Aftercare Program by using the Donor Family Priority Line 800-925-3666 or by email at email@example.com. MTS is committed to providing bereavement support for you and your family. The services and programs directly provided by MTS are available to you at no cost.